Sunday, September 4, 2011

Birthday card

I made this birthday card for my brother using the market street stamps challenge as a guide. I like how it came out. I just wish that I could trim down the time it takes me to make these cards. I don't know why but it takes me over an hour to do it. I thought by now, I might start doing better on time. I love watching the pink stamper videos especially how sometimes she just picks items as she goes along! I am always in awe of that.
But, back to my card. I used My Mind's Eye "just dreamy 2" paper for the card base (I love double sided paper, it gives you automatic coordinating paper to use as a mat!), I also used the layout paper that comes in the imagine cartridge for the background mat with the little ice cream cones. I don't normally use those papers because I don't want to use too much ink and I have LOADS of patterned paper. But I couldn't resist because it went just too perfectly with my color and theme. I used the stamps from "ain't no sunshine" for the ice cream and the "sweat". I stamped the images then cut them out, for the sweat, I used the opposite side (of double sided paper) that I stamped. The big smiley face was from peachy keen stamps everyday character face assortment, it was the really big face in the corner. I thought it fit great. I liked the way it came out, although I probably put too many embellishments on it, but I had to have the false teeth in the jar! After I put it all together I stood back from it and decided I should have left out the stamped birthday background. But oh well...

5 comments:

  1. What a AWESOME birthday card! I love your paper choice and all the details! That big ol' smile on that cone is the best!! LOVE it! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. I am a follower of yours now too and I cam excited to see more creations:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really cute card! You put so many details into this project! :) I'm a new follower, would love for you to check out my blog too! :)
    Amy
    redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is amazing!! Great job! Thanks for joining us for the MSS Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a detailed card. I'm sure the recipient will LOVE! Thanks for joining us over at Market Street Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love all the details you added to this card. The front is adorable and then I looked at the inside and I'm in awe!
    Maribel
    ilovescrapping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete